Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Recruiting & Retention Senior Enlisted Leader
Retention Office Manager
You must meet certain enlistment criteria to qualify for membership in the Air National Guard. These criteria ensure that those who join have the right mental, physical, and moral aptitudes to perform the tasks required for military service. General requirements include:
If you had a honorable discharge you may be eligible to join the South Carolina Air National Guard.
Group Insurance $5,000-$50,000 for member, spouse + dependents w/payroll deduction. Free $5,000 for new enlistees through basic + technical training.
Medical Benefits State Active Duty: worker's comp
State Tax Advantage Pay for required service exempt
Miscellaneous Auto tags, no extra charge. State empl: 15 days mil leave-training. 30 days mil leave-emergency.
Injury / Death Benefits State Active Duty: worker's comp
Worker's Compensation Yes
Reimbursement State Active Duty: approved expenses.
CLICK HERE FOR BENEFITS OF BELONGING TO THE
SOUTH CAROLINA AIR NATIONAL GUARD
State Tuition Assistance Program
• Tuition costs for members of the Air National Guard at SC state funded schools.
• Receive up to $22,000 towards associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or certifications
(contact a recruiter for certification details)
• A passing fitness test must be accomplished before applying for tuition assistance.
• STATE TA WILL ONLY PAY FOR ONE DEGREE AT EACH LEVEL IN PROGRESSION
Montgomery G.I. Bill
• Non-prior service members are eligible for the Montgomery G.I. Bill (UPON COMPLETION OF BASIC TRAINING AND TECHNICAL TRAINING.)
• Prior service personnel who enlist for a period of six years may become immediately eligible and the Montgomery G.I. Bill benefit is non-taxable
• Full-time enrollment: $439.00 for each full month
• 3/4 time enrollment: $329.00 for each full month
• 1/2 time enrollment: $219.00 for each full month
• Less than 1/2 time enrollment: $109.75.00 for each full month
G.I. Bill Kicker
Full time students who enlist in jobs with the kicker will receive an additional $350 a month, on top of tuition assistance and the Montgomery G.I. Bill
Click here to CONTACT A SOUTH CAROLINA AIR GUARD RECRUITER!
FY23 select careers could potentially earn you:
Non-Prior Service (NPS) = Up to $15,000*
-Prior Service (PS) = Up to $20,000*
-Re-Enlistments = Up to $20,000*
- Affiliation = Up to $20,000*
(Please contact the Retention Office for more details)
Full-Time Active Duty Military Careers
Excel to greater heights with a full-time career in the Air National Guard. Visit the Career Opportunities page to find full-time, military challenging positions. Make your future happen and apply today!
State Career Opportunities
To learn more about jobs available within a specific state, visit the
ANG State Units Listing to find Careers listed for each state.
Protect America's skies and serve your country while working part-time for the Air National Guard. Did you know that in the Air National Guard you can serve your country while staying close to home, family and friends? While going to school, you only work a minimum of one weekend a month and two-weeks a year. You can earn college credit while obtaining military and career training, which will make you marketable after you graduate. The Air National Guard offers you over 180 different career choices including healthcare, communications, avionics, electronics, and more. Find real-time job openings in your hometown.
Click here to view current Swamp Fox Vacancy Announcements