December Fitness Tips
By Michelle Walker, 169th Force Support Squadron
/ Published December 03, 2021
MCENTIRE JOINT NATIONAL GUARD BASE, S.C. --
Holiday Fitness Tips
- Always eat before going to any party so you aren’t tempted to overeat.
- Choose protein vs sugary snacks when available.
- Never go hungry or skip a meal before a party.
- Don’t drink your calories. Keep in mind if you choose an alcoholic or caffeine drink try to follow it with water to stay hydrated.
- Keep moving! If your family tradition is riding through a park to see the Christmas lights this year try walking and laughing with your peeps.
- Make time for your cardio/strength workouts. It’s always great to get that workout in before you start your day during the holidays so you always fit it in.
- Most of all ENJOY the holidays!
Holiday Cheese Ball
Total Time 15 min
Makes 1 cheese ball
- package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Toasted French bread slices, assorted crackers and/or fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with toasted French bread slices, crackers and/or vegetables. Sliced cucumbers and bell peppers are the best!
2 tablespoons: 156 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein