August Fitness Tips
By Michelle Walker, 169th Force Support Squadron
/ Published August 04, 2021
MCENTIRE JOINT NATIONAL GUARD BASE, S.C. --
Simple Tips for Staying Hydrated:
- Get half your body weight in ounces of water daily
- Make certain to keep water with you at ALL times
- Watermelon, cucumbers, and oranges are great water rich foods
- Set an alarm if you need to be reminded to drink your water
- Monitor your caffeine as it will dehydrate
- Don’t overexert in the heat, making sure to take breaks in the shade. Try to work out in the early mornings and later in the evenings when possible.
- Remember: If you aren’t the biggest water fan, try adding frozen lemon, limes, or orange slice to your water, this will keep your water cooler and give you a little flavor as well as some added vitamins.
Stay cool and be safe!!